Food Assistance/SNAP | Connecticut Food Bank

Food Assistance/SNAP

Women in office setting with paperworkSNAP (Food Stamps)
If you need help with long-term food assistance through the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps, visit the Connecticut Department of Social Services.



211 Infoline

211 is Connecticut’s free information and referral service. Simply by dialing 211, a toll-free number throughout Connecticut, callers can reach knowledgeable, multilingual staff and get information, referrals or seek help in a crisis. 211 operates 24 hours a day, every day of the year. TDD access is available. Visit for more information.

Summer Feeding Programs for Children

There are free summer meal locations throughout the state. Visit to find one near you.