Each September, Connecticut Food Bank, in conjunction with Feeding America, marks national Hunger Action Month, when we, along with our partners in the fight against hunger, mobilize everyone everywhere to get involved in ending hunger in America.
In Conneciticut, 1 in 5 children is hungry. We can do better as a community and we must do better.
Join us for the following special Hunger Action Month event:
Sign up to volunteer with us on September 30th for a Volunteer-a-Thon! Groups and individuals are welcome! Email email@example.com.
Here are some other ideas on how to get involved:
- WEAR orange, the color of hunger relief during the month of September. Send your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org, or tweet @CTfoodbank.
- ADVOCATE for those who struggle to keep food on the table by educating yourself and your friends and family about the problem of hunger in your community.
- ORGANIZE a virtual food drive to benefit Connecticut Food Bank or a food/fund drive to benefit your local food pantry, soup kitchen or shelter.
- VOLUNTEER at Connecticut Food Bank or your local food pantry, soup kitchen or shelter.
- SHARE a hunger fact with your friends online.
- EXPERIENCE the SNAP (Food Stamp) Challenge and see firsthand what it’s like to live on $4.15 a day for food.
- SKIP your daily latte or coffee for a week and donate your savings to Connecticut Food Bank.
Download our Hunger Action Month calendar for ideas about how you can particpate all month long!
Hunger Action Month is supported by the