At Connecticut Food Bank we work to alleviate hunger every day. But we don’t do it alone. Thanks to our donors, volunteers, advocates and food industry partners, Connecticut Food Bank continues to serve the 313,000 men, women and children who struggle with hunger in six of Connecticut’s eight counties. Through their support, we distribute an average of 36 tons of food every business day to more than 650 member programs.
There are many ways to get involved in the fight against hunger.
- Make a Financial Contribution – For every $1 donated, Connecticut Food Bank can distribute $5 worth of food at wholesale value.
- Volunteer – Give your time and energy and truly make a difference in the lives of our struggling neighbors.
- Donate Food– Connecticut Food Bank relies upon both individual and food industry donations.
- Organize a Virtual Food Drive
- Employer Gift Match – Does your employer offer a matching gift program? Many companies will double, sometimes triple, your donation through their match programs. See if your employer matches today!
- Advocate for Hunger Relief – Write your state and national legislators. Share hunger statistics with your friends and family. Tweet, post, and blog about hunger in your area.