Get Involved with the Connecticut Food Bank this Hunger Action Month!
Each September, the Connecticut Food Bank, in conjunction with Feeding America, marks national Hunger Action Month, when we, along with our partners in the fight against hunger, mobilize everyone everywhere to get involved in ending hunger in America.
Hunger Action Month 2017 will call attention to the obstacles that hunger creates for people in need with a theme of empty plates.
In Connecticut, 1 in 6 children is hungry. Together, let’s raise awareness of the problem, help feed hungry neighbors and work together for long-term solutions.
Join us for the following special Hunger Action Month events:
- Take the 30 Ways in 30 Days Challenge. Can you complete an action a day for 30 days to help end hunger in Connecticut? Share your action every day on Facebook or Twitter with us @CTFoodBank, using the #HungerActionMonth hashtag. Complete all 30 days for a chance to win a cool prize and bragging rights!
- Show your commitment on social media with an empty plates message. Download our sign, think about what you couldn’t do on an empty stomach and what you can do to fight hunger. Write it down and share your plate on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with @CTFoodBank.
- CELEBRATE Hunger Action DayTM: On September 14, show your commitment to fighting hunger by wearing orange and sharing a photo on social media. Use #HungerActionMonth and @CTFoodBank in your posts so we can see everybody’s efforts! Need some ideas on how to “Go Orange?” Click here.
- Check out our Hunger Action Month calendar and participate in some of the events happening across our area throughout the month!
- DONATE: Your gift will help feed hungry children and families in Connecticut.
- VOLUNTEER at the Connecticut Food Bank or your local food pantry, soup kitchen or shelter. Check out the volunteer opportunities and sign up here.
- FOLLOW US on social media to see what our partners are doing to support hunger relief all month long. Share our mission with your social network and challenge your friends to join you in spreading the word via social media. Post throughout the month tagging @CTFoodBank and using the #HungerActionMonth hashtag to show your support!
Looking for more?
- LEARN AND SHARE – Take the SNAP Challenge and experience what it’s like for SNAP recipients who must live on a food budget of $4 per day. Share your experiences with friends, coworkers and your neighbors to help them understand the importance of ending hunger in our communities!
- Host a fund raiser or a food drive. We have some tips to get you started.